Michelle graduated from the University of Auckland in 2010 with a conjoint Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce.
Michelle has experience acting for clients in broad range of commercial litigation and dispute resolution matters including property disputes, contract, negligence, insolvency and debt recovery claims. She has appeared in the District Court, High Court and as junior counsel in the Court of Appeal.
- Assisting with and advising clients on a high value and multi-party property dispute through to the Supreme Court.
- Acting as counsel on a successful opposition to an application to set aside a statutory demand in respect of debt owing under a short-term loan agreement.
- Acting as counsel on a successful opposition to an application to sustain a caveat lodged without reasonable cause for building work completed on a property prior to settlement of an agreement for sale and purchase.
- Junior counsel on a successful opposition to an interim injunction application relating to a lease dispute and a subsequent successful opposition to an appeal of that decision.
- Advising companies on compliance with the Privacy Act 1993 and responding to complaints to the Privacy Commissioner.
- New Zealand Law Society
- Auckland Women Lawyers’ Association