Fran joined Fee Langstone (then Jones Fee) in 2013 after returning from several years practising insurance law in London.
Fran’s experience includes advising and acting on insurance issues arising out of the Canterbury earthquakes, material damage and business interruption claims, subrogated recovery, product liability and professional negligence claims, and construction and utilities disputes. Fran also has experience in acting for clients in a range of other commercial and civil litigation matters.
Fran regularly appears in the High Court and District Court, and has represented clients in mediations both in New Zealand and in the UK.
- Prattley Enterprises Ltd v Vero Insurance New Zealand Ltd (2015) – successfully defended a claim brought against Vero by its insured to overturn a settlement agreement and to determine the correct measure of indemnity under an indemnity only material damage policy.
- Advising clients on various coverage matters arising out of the Canterbury earthquakes.
- Acting for the insurers of the UK’s largest water utilities company defending various material damage claims.
- Commerce Commission v Cards NZ Ltd & Ors – When with another Auckland law firm, Fran assisted in the defence of a proceeding brought by the Commerce Commission against a credit card company alleging breaches of the Commerce Act.
- New Zealand Law Society
- Auckland Women’s Law Association